Creating unique ceramic pieces influenced by Bruno’s experience
Under the brand Wychbury Ceramics Bruno Vinel produces contemporary porcelain and stoneware wheel-thrown vessels. His studio is based in Stourbridge, West Midlands.
Born in Paris, France, Bruno is inspired by his experience living in six different countries and their art. He explored his experience with health through the Examinations series.
His recent Kimmeridge series of vessels was influenced by his visit to Kimmeridge Bay, Dorset.
Bruno produces limited number of pieces. He sells the best ones to people who support his craft and the charities he helps. Commissions are welcome.
Check out his portfolio to discover more.
He launched ceramicstoday.org to inspire people to discover ceramics and co-curated two contemporary ceramics exhibitions at General Office gallery in Stourbridge.
“Bruno has an eye for aesthetic beauty and is constantly pushing the boundaries of his skill sets”Becky Belcher, Sundragon Community Pottery’s founder and trustee
- November 2022 – General Office Gallery, Stourbridge, UK – Contemporary ceramics exhibition.
- November 2021 – Woodhouse Gallery, Moseley, Birmingham, UK – Midlands Potters Association exhibition.
- November 2021 – General Office Gallery, Stourbridge, UK – Contemporary ceramics exhibition.
- July 2021 – Rugby Gallery and museum, Rugby, UK – Midlands Potters Association exhibition.
- June 2021 – Lightwood House, Birmingham, UK – Midlands Potters Association exhibition
- September 2019 – The Old Print Works, Birmingham, UK – Sundragon Pottery exhibition
- August 2018 – MakeMore Festival, London, UK – Turning Earth exhibition
This article for the Mental Health Awareness week is an opportunity for me to share my experience with mental health and how I found ways to support myself. I hope my journey will inspire you.
Back in 2015, at fifty years old, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I did not envisage that the journey to recovery would take me three long years, my marriage would break down, I would experience severe depression, and consequently would find a passion for making ceramics.
The Midlands Potters Association was running its winter open exhibition from 27th November until 5th December 2021.
The first contemporary ceramics exhibition took place at General Office gallery, Stourbridge. 17th Nov – 5th Dec 2021
Bruno Vinel from Wychbury Ceramics explains how he developed the installation EXAMINATIONS, a series of sculptural vessels exploring the connection between ceramics and health.
Bruno Vinel shares his enjoyable experience with Raku firing workshops and how to achieve great results.
My pottery journey was briefly initiated 45 years ago but the last two and half years offered me the opportunity to met amazing people who helped me develop my ceramic skills and above all, to have fun.